Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Prrty Food or DIE


This is a piece I did for a promo-book-comic thing that our good friends Joe Gillette and Ric Schuster are putting together to let the masses know about a kickass performance piece at the Soap Factory . It is at midnight on the 5th, I believe, but I am not 100% sure. I thought it was the night of the 4th of July, but the website says the 24hr performance fest starts at noon on the 5th. I would just check with Joe to be certain, but you should all attend, I have a feeling it is going to be COOL AS HELL. Anyway, this is a piece of Joe's character, Walter. Hope you all like it.

1 comment:

Karen O said...

I really like this piece, but there are a few words of criticisim I'm going to say, which obviously you can take or leave.
My first I guess is more of a question,.. is it supposed to be black and white? Because Joe's whole thing is being really bright and loud. Unless he wanted you to do it in your style and not his..? In which case it's awesome, but I can also see this with A LOT of color.

The other thing is that why does it say prrty food or die? I ask because that's not really Joe's thing either, unless again he told you to. If you want to keep it, I'd say play around more with the type and the placement. It looks a little last minute to me.