Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Animal Testing 2

I could pick up real markers and try doing it that way, but that means I would have to take off the permanently attached wacom pen from my hand. So this is my first attempt to make my digital illustration look like markers. I think it looks like markers, but I have never been a big fan of marker looking stuff. Soooo what do you guys think? The type of marker style my boss likes is kind of like Calvin and Hobbes comic covers, but with more marker texture showing through.

3 comments:

Karen O said...

that is really cute! I personally prefer your more finished/painted looking pieces, but this one does look like you used marker. And you're right, it would be totally pointless to go out and buy a bunch of markers..
This would make a really great spot illustration for something

Nymph said...

I like it, but I think your brush is too soft to be a marker. You should see a bit more "streaking" when the marker overlaps to make it convincing looking. Of couse, to anyone but us who have spent countless hours with digital stuffs, it looks just like marker :)

I agree, it would be a nice spot...

Chris said...

Thanks guys! I think that your right niamh. There prolly should be more streaking.