Monday, July 7, 2008

For my army bud...

Hey all, this isn't really a usual illustration, but I got an e-mail tonight from a friend, giving me an update on a good friend of mine, her husband, overseas. He's over in Iraq right now, only halfway through his tour, and his spirits have sunk pretty low. I made him this little illustration to cheer him up, and I'm going to include it in a care package. To first explain the illustration, this is Mike...in classic Mike fashion:

As you can see, he's a fairly lively guy, who's favorite phrase is "MIKE SMASH" It saddens me to think that even he can get bogged down, so I made him this:


I thought I'd share it. I hope he likes it.
I know you guys don't know him, but just for the hell of it, maybe this week's little illustration project could be stuff for the guys overseas. Regardless of how you feel about the war, those guys are over there fighting there ass off, and it gets damn lonely. I thought I'd send a box with stuff for him and any of his platoon. If you have a sweet illustration to share, about anything really that you think might cheer up someone over there, post it up and let me know, and I'll be sure to print a little copy and send it with my package.

1 comment:

R. M. Hanson said...

This is a really great thing you are doing, Niamh, and even though I have my view of the war, I have a cousin and a best friend from high school over there right now, and I have heard the stories. I feel so fuckin' bad for these guys. So, if there is anything I have up you think someone would like, feel free to print it and send it with yours.